SSi is a leader in delivering advanced satellite, broadband and wireless solutions to remote and outlying areas around the world.
We operate in many communities across the North, and are in the process of upgrading our on-site “last mile” infrastructure. Remote logistics can present challenges, and we need the right person dedicated to overcoming them. This is an opportunity to drive our expanding services by sending the right people with the right gear to the right locations!
- Coordinating procurement, shipping and freight solutions for a variety of items;
- Maintaining relationships with various vendors, suppliers and shipping companies;
- Preparing documentation including domestic/international waybills, customs, and dangerous goods documentation;
- Maintaining a working knowledge of local, national and international carriers (air and surface) and researching more efficient shipping methods to improve company margins;
- Keeping the shipping and inventory storage areas safe, clean and orderly;
- Conducting regular inventory counts and audits;
- Available after-hours and on weekends to assist with emergency shipping/receiving.
- 3 years of logistics experience;
- Excellent negotiation and superior organizational skills;
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite and a quick study with new software;
- Sound knowledge of remote, Northern logistics;
- Sound knowledge of telecom and networking equipment is a massive asset!
- Detail oriented, work quickly under deadlines and be proactive;
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
If you don’t have all of the skills listed, but are bright, driven to succeed, and know you want to work for us, send us a cover letter and resume anyway. We are always looking for the right people to join our team!
Why Join SSi?
SSi is a close-knit family of passionate and diverse people who excel at solving complex, real world problems. Our corporate culture and high quality of work-life balance are important to us. When you meet our people and see where we work, you’ll understand what we mean.
Our corporate focus is stated simply: “People, Ideas, Technology”. People who are enabled to do what they love and encouraged to think outside the box will deliver the best ideas. We use technology (of all sorts) as the fuel to drive our learning. We apply what we create with our best effort to improve the world around us.
Besides fostering a great team and a positive work environment, we believe wholeheartedly in open communication, internally and with our customers and partners. We tell it like it is, good or bad. We celebrate our successes and take ownership of our mistakes. We love to see a great idea come to life, just as we enjoy the debates leading up to it.