SSi is a leader in delivering advanced satellite broadband and wireless solutions to remote and outlying areas around the world.
SSi is looking for an eager and personable individual to help round out our customer support team. Our group is comprised of individuals who are passionate about their work and pride themselves in providing the absolute best customer service possible.
Previous experience dealing with the public is a definite plus. However, if you feel that you have an exceptional talent with people without the job history to back it up, we encourage you to apply!
Reporting to the Manager of Internet Services, you will provide SSi customers with account and billing support. Core responsibilities include completing general administrative and accounting duties in a timely manner. In addition, this position will be expected to provide technical support for customers. Staff must be willing to expand their knowledge base to cover more advanced topics - such as assisting customers with their computers or routers - as they relate to Internet services that SSi provides.
This could be the opportunity you have been waiting for: join our team of highly talented professionals, impress us with your fresh ideas & customer support skills, and be a Customer Care Agent at SSi!
- As first contact with the public, provide desktop support services, which includes setting up new Internet accounts, receiving payment, solving basic Internet connection problems and directing customers to the appropriate staff members for advanced services.
- Daily review of all voice mail and email inquiries as they arrive, responding to customers in a timely manner, or refer inquiries to the appropriate areas of support.
- Become familiar with the features and tools found in our customer management system, accurately record customer information and transactions, and answer customer account queries.
- Maintain an organized, accurate and up to date customer filing system for all documentation.
- Receive, inspect and sign for deliveries.
- Maintain (at all times) a clean and organized personal work area and front lobby area.
- Check printers and fax machine throughout the day to ensure a clean area, maintain sufficient paper supplies at all times and distribute faxes when received.
- Maintain an open dialogue with all of our remote Community Service Providers (CSP's) and ensure that their concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
- Perform in-depth wireless modem inspection and testing services when modems are returned by customers and or CSP's.
- Assist our network operations group with tasks when required.
- Other duties that interest you!
You're a Natural Fit, Because You Have:
- An exceptional writing ability
- Impeccable customer service skills
- The ability to defuse heated situations
- A proficiency with computers
- A class 5 drivers licence
- Fluency in one or more NWT or NU official languages is a plus!
If you don’t have all of the skills listed, but are bright, driven to succeed, and know you want to work for us, send us a cover letter and resume anyway. We are always looking for the right people to join our team!
Why Join SSi?
SSi is a close-knit family of passionate and diverse people who excel at solving complex, real world problems. Our corporate culture and high quality of work-life balance are important to us. When you meet our people and see where we work, you’ll understand what we mean.
Our corporate focus is stated simply: “People. Ideas. Technology”. People who are enabled to do what they love and encouraged to think outside the box will deliver the best ideas. We know that real excitement begins at the end of the comfort zone. We use cutting edge technology as the fuel to drive our learning, to innovate and deliver something meaningful. We apply what we create to help make a difference in some of the most challenging regions of the world.
Besides fostering a great team and a positive work environment, we believe wholeheartedly in open communication, internally and with our customers and partners. We tell it like it is, good or bad. We celebrate our successes and take ownership of our mistakes. We love to see a great idea come to life, just as we enjoy the debates leading up to it.
If you want to enjoy coming to work every day, come work at SSi!